1130 Rainier Ave S, Seattle, WAGround up MF Development/Historic Commercial Building Acquisition in the Rainier Valley Neighborhood
Located in one of the most vibrant and rapidly changing sub-markets in the Puget Sound Region, the property includes the historically designated Black Manufacturing Building, a beautifully restored loft-style brick post and beam office building, and a 40,000 square-foot development site. Once complete, the multi-family housing development will be the closest new development to Link Light Rail’s Judkins Park Station.
Seattle’s historic Black Manufacturing Building, built in 1914, was designed by Andrew Willatzen, who apprenticed in the studio of Frank Lloyd Wright. This beautiful brick office building features more than 15,000 square-feet of windows and a shed roof skylight designed to give the Black Manufacturing employees exposure to natural daylight.
- Half block mixed-use property combines 900, 912 and 1130 Rainier Ave S
- 62K SF Black Manufacturing Building + 40K SF dev. capacity
- 396 studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments with street-level retail
- Qualified Opportunity Zone fund project
- Utilizes Seattle’s Multifamily Tax Exemption (MFTE) and Mandatory Housing Affordability (MHA) incentives